Salary: $50,000 - $65,000 per annum
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Austin, Texas, USA
Start Date: 14.02.2023
Application Deadline: 23:59 GMT 05.02.2023
The Operations Manager is a management role within the company and reports into the COO. The Operations Manager Manages the company’s day-to-day operations within the US and is the person on the ground for the COO. The Operations Manager will be running our US office/warehouse and managing our third party warehouse/shipping partner ensuring warehouse and logistics tasks are completed efficiently as well as managing day to day functions of the office. Additional functions of the job will include managing accounts payable and receivables within the US, coordinating company events and travel on location as well as assisting with customer service and marketing duties as needed. Willingness and ability to Travel to Europe and within the USA and Mexico is a requirement of the role.
- Implementation of the organization’s operational functions and performance. Based upon the company’s long-term strategy, to achieve the company strategy and goals.
- Identify the procedures needed to monitor all operational tasks that take place within the US. In conjunction with the COO, develop with the procedures and tools in place. These should be in-line with the growth of the company and be best practice wherever practicable.
- Manage the day to day running of our warehouse and/or our 3PL operative ensuring orders are shipped in a timely manner, stock in and stock out processes are being upheld and time is managed effectively.
- Keep a close control of stock ensuring regular stock takes are carried out regularly in all US locations organizing 3rd party auditors when necessary.
- Manage the budget for the US Operation and report any anomalies to the COO.
- Ensure continuous improvement for the company, as it grows.
- Assist in managing relationships with Mexican manufacturers/Manufacturing Contractors helping to ensure quality and assisting with logistics.
- Manage US offices and staff reporting into this role within the US (Warehousing, 3PL).
- Manage day-to-day workings of the office including the property itself.
- Evaluate performance by analyzing and interpreting data and metrics.
- Manage accounts payables and receivables for the US location.
- Have regular 1-2-1 meetings with your line manager.
- Cultivating new and existing partner relationships to ensure we are maximizing the benefit of the relationship.
- In conjunction with the COO, set comprehensive goals for performance and growth.
- Identify policies and procedures that are needed for the US Office and in conjunction with the COO, develop, implement and monitor.
- Excellent people skills, business acumen and exemplary work ethic.
- Understanding of business functions such as HR, Finance.
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics.
- Working knowledge of IT/Business infrastructure and MS Office.
- Organizational and leadership abilities.
- Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving.
- Energetic and self-motivated Team Player with a “can do” attitude.
- Excellent leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent attention to detail, strong organizational and time management skills and a sense of creativity.
- Ability to recognize needs of the office and jump in to help where and when needed.
- Ambition to take on new and interesting projects and roles as the company continues to scale.
- Good computer skills, e.g. MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint, CRM etc.
- Proven experience of Management of Operations or relevant role.
- Strong understanding of warehousing and final mile logistics and LTL shipping. Freight/Container shipping experience is a plus.
- 2 Years experience within logistics and warehousing management.
- Experience in fundraising will be a plus
- Clean full driving license
- Ability to move/lift heavy boxes
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Experience in fundraising will be a plus
Ability to Commute/Reallocate
- Austin, TX 78745: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (required)
Please submit your Cover Letter, CV, and a Portfolio (if applicable) to firstname.lastname@example.org.